Connection Monitor Window Is Empty / Sync Timeout

You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
novapax
novapax's picture

We have no entries at the top monitor table anymore. The connections works fine and we see the successful transmissions at the log window.

When we start mendelson opensource oftp2 we get these error messages:
[14.06.2017 16:57:34] [Client-Server communication] Receipt timeout - Could not receive the sync response after 30000ms [TransmissionRequest]
[14.06.2017 16:57:39] [Client-Server communication] The client received a unreferred sync response. Type: de.mendelson.comm.oftp2.client.transmission.TransmissionResponse, reference id: 36
[14.06.2017 16:58:05] [Client-Server communication] Receipt timeout - Could not receive the sync response after 30000ms [TransmissionRequest]
[14.06.2017 16:58:14] [Client-Server communication] The client received a unreferred sync response. Type: de.mendelson.comm.oftp2.client.transmission.TransmissionResponse, reference id: 196

Has anyone an idea?
Maybe an error at the database?
Where can I find the database?

I updated the software from b33 to b35, but isn't better.

Thanks for any ideas.
Sven

service
service's picture

novapax,

These are my ideas:

Looks as if the min system requirements are not met, e.g. you installed it on a really old PC (Pentium II?) - or you installed it on a really slow virtual machine with just a single core that you have passed to the process? Or the system RAM is that small that the program has to page all the time?
It's also possible that there are running a lot of processes on the machine and block the internal communication port for the communication between the user interface and the processing unit? It's also possible that the number of file IOs is somehow that limited on your system that file access takes a long time?

If all the requirements are met and it still does not work please delete the runtime database, these are the files "OFTP2_DB_RUNTIME.*" found in the installation directory, then start the mendelson OFTP2. The config will still exist, just the log entries of all transactions are lost. You could also replace the runtime database files from a backup.

Regards

novapax
novapax's picture

Hi,

thank you for your ideas.

I turned the automatic transmission delete at the settings on with 30 Days.
Now it works fine.

The system is generously dimensioned (Win2008, 8vCPU, 8GB RAM, high performance storage).

Regards
Sven

service
service's picture

novapax,

then this was a simple resource problem. The internal database requires a lot of heap and if you do not enable the internal maintenance service the server could became short or RAM which slows down the system because of the GC that will be started all the time and tries to free mem.

Regards