Problem with event script command line

You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jllawler
jllawler's picture

Hi, I'm trying to use this script for a Receipt event on success, on Mendelson OFTP2 1.0 build 31:

C:\RunAsJob.bat C:\Import2.bat C:\mendelson\opensource\oftp2\messages\me\inbox\TEST31201507291409360030 TEST TEST

I've been using Mendelson OFTP2 for years, but probably have never needed to do something just like this, where I had repeated values in a command line (the TEST TEST at the end).

It appears that while Mendelson logs the command line just as I expect (including showing "TEST TEST" at the end) what it actually seems to be passing to that first batch (RunAsJob.bat here) is just one "TEST".

In fact, after further testing, I found that if I put these as the final parameters:

A A B B C A A

what RunAsJob would receive at the end of the command line is this:

A B C

I was very surprised and have no idea what's going on here. Can anyone help? My workaround for now was to just fudge and stop repeating the two values, but naturally I should not have to do that.

Thanks for any attention paid to this.

John

service
service's picture

Hello,

perhaps a problem with the backslash? Or a problem with the file "C:\RunAsJob.bat" you created?

Regards

jllawler
jllawler's picture

Hi, thanks for the reply.

As far as a problem with the RunAsJob.bat here, I'm fairly certain that's not the case, I was checking the full parameter string into the batch very early on. It may very well have something to do with how Mendelson and the Windows environment interact, but I'm not familiar enough with Java and how the shell you're running does that to have any insight there.

As far as your other suggestion: 'a problem with the backslash', what do you mean? I think that command line I showed is about as simple as one can get that has to specify paths.

I would appreciate it if someone at mendelson could just setup a very simple test following my example and see what he or she gets. If the behavior that I'm seeing holds, there's clearly some sort of problem with repeated parameter values and I would submit that it should eventually be fixed.

service
service's picture

jllawler,

an integration via the event scripts is very common and there hasn't been reported a problem so far in the current version.

Regards