Running Out of Memory AS2 1.1 b49

You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
TPGC
TPGC's picture

We brought up a new version of Mendelson 1.1 b49 on an HP DL380 G4 Server with 6GB of Memory running the Solaris 10 Operating System. Everything runs fine with the EDI. The problem is when the system gets stressed with EDI coming in going out the application will just lock up and eventually shuts down. We read on some blogs here that they said to increase the JVM to 4GB and this would cure the problem. So we increased the JVM to 4GB but the problem still occurs.

Here is our configuration of the JVM - Java Version jdk1.8.0_112
java -d64 -server -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -Xms4096M -Xmx4096M -classpath $CLASSPATH de.mendelson.comm.as2.AS2 $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9

Let me know if anyone has encountered this issue and come with a solution?
Thanks

service
service's picture

TPGC,

if 4GB are not enough use 6GB.

Regards

TPGC
TPGC's picture

Thanks for the quick response. We had already tried this and set the memory for 6gb but the entire system crashed since we only have 6gb in the server. We've ordered 12gb which is the max this server will hold. We'll try to set the JVM at 6gb again when the new memory comes in. It seems like the application is crashing before it hits 3gb so I'm wondering if our system memory allocation is not properly set. I had created a project for the user and allocated 4gb. We'll bump everything up once we get the new memory and keep you posted. Let me know if you have any other ideas. Thanks Again.

TPGC
TPGC's picture

The memory configuration on this server is an entirely different issue. We ordered 12GB (maximum) but it was Dual Rank memory and the server can only be upgraded to 12GB with Single Rank memory. Anyway we upgraded the memory to 8GB and set the JVM to 6GB as previously suggested. The application is still crashing at a little over 3gb now so it is taking a little more stress. We've ordered 12GB of Single Rank memory and we'll see how it goes when we boost the memory up some more. It's hard to believe that others are able to run this application on 4GB??

Here is the setting we used for the JVM
java -d64 -server -XX:SurvivorRatio=32m -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32m -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=75 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:+UseLargePages -Xms6144M -Xmx6144M -classpath $CLASSPATH de.mendelson.comm.as2.AS2 $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

service
service's picture

TPGC,

no idea what these -XX options are good for but they are not required in our environment. Just use a 64bit VM and set the max heap parameter, that does it here. Are you using a 64bit OS?

Regards